Skocz do zawartości
Ian

British Newbie

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Witam, hi my name is Ian I am 61 years old and I live in Lincoln England.  I hope it is okay with you guys for me to write posts in English on this forum!

I am a keen plastic modeller and also an RC flyer. Recently I have combined the two by re-painting and modifying a 1/10th scale Hurricane Mk.1 to an aircraft flown by the heroes of 303 Sqn in the Battle of Britain in 1940.

I served in the RAF for 32 years as did my Father before me in WWII.   He passed away last year but has passed onto me his gratitude to the brave Polish Airmen, Soldiers and Sailors who paid a massive part in winning the war for the allies and also the shame that the British should feel for the way they treated these brave Poles after the war.

I have ordered several models from Jarek at trinitymews2 models near Krakow on Ebay in recent days. I have started with the Mirage 1/48 PZL 11C.  

I have also purchased the fantastic book Polish Fighter Colours 1939-1947 to help with colour schemes.  have a problem though with the colour"Late Khaki" that the PZL's were painted with.  I normally spray my models with Tamiya acrylic paints.  Is there a company that produces the correct colour Late Khaki with which to paint this model please?

Dziekuje Ci

Thanks in anticipation Ian

IMG_7938.JPG

• Like 2

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

Hi Ian. 

There's absolutely no reason why you couldn't write in English here. 

Your Hurricane looks great. 

As for the Polish khaki - there are currently two companies which produce this paint - Hataka and Bilmodel. Hataka should be available in Great Britain. 

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi
2 minuty temu, mbrnnr napisał:

There's absolutely no reason why you couldn't write in English here. 

There is one, significant reason: not everyone speaks English here. :)

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

That's their problem. 😀 

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

Well, it can be taken as granted, that Ian does not speak Polish. In my opinion it really is irrelevant who will use google translator - writer or reader, isnt it?

Ian, it is very nice to hear You're interested in some piece of Polish history. I am sure You'll find a lot of help here, if necessary. Please feel welcomed.

• Like 1

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

Thank you guys.  I am sorry I do not speak Polish but as greatgonzo says it is easy to use Google translator which works very well.  I hope to learn some more basic Polish before my wife and I come to visit krakow in early December for the Christmas Market (and a trip to the PAF Museum but she doesn't know about that part of the trip yet). Is the PHANTOM Model Shop in Krakow a good one?

Cheers Ian

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

Thanks Solo, will do👍

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

Agtom is there too. 

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi