Skocz do zawartości

General Stanislaw Skalski's First Victory

Ian

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Witam,

I'm hoping you guys on this forum can help please. Last year when I visited the Krakow model Show on 1st June I bought a set of 1:48 Decals that commemorated most of the aircraft that General Stanislaw Skalski flew during his career. I have built some of them (see his Polish Fighting Team Spitfire Mk.IX built from the old Monogram kit below) and I have just finished reading a book about him "Skalski Against All Odds". In the book it describes how Skalski was awarded a 1/4 of a kill on a Henschel Hs 126 of 3. (H)/21 on 1st September 1939 near Pedzewo. He bravely landed in a field next to the crashed aircraft and rendered first aid to the badly injured crew, an act that says everything about the man.  I am planning to build a model of that Henschel and display it next to a Model of his PZL 11C

I'm hoping that some of the experts on this site might be able to help me with a couple of questions about the Henschel please.

1. What does the squadron designation 3.(H)/21, stand for?

2. What were the markings and colour scheme of this particular aircraft?

3. Has anyone on this forum ever built a model of this aircraft, especially using the ICM kit (I have one coming from King Kit in the post, it was quite difficult to track down the kit)?

4. does anyone have any photographs of Hs 126's from that squadron or pictures of a model of that aircraft?

Thank you in anticipation.

Ian Shaw

IMG_2171.jpg

ICM Hs 126.jpg