Skocz do zawartości

Minsk - Aoshima - 1/700

spacesurfer

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Hello friends! I hope you don’t mind writing my review in English. This kit is quite rare on any modelling webs. I love Soviet/Russian aircraft carrying cruisers, so when I’ve seen it on ebay I had to have it. The only other Minsk you can have in 1/700 is well know Trumpeter kit. But the Aoshima version is a little bit different.

th_mcover.jpg

So what is in the box? You’ll get one-piece hull, one-piece deck, waterline plate and 4 other frames. Biggest one carries mostly the superstructure parts + P500 Bazalt missiles, the other two quite lots of detailed parts and the last one carries the air-wing of the carrier. You’ll get totally 4 Kamovs 25 and 12 Yaks 36. The instruction sheet text is completely in Japanese and therefore useless. Happily however the scheme is clear and easy to follow. The decal sheet contains only ship name plates and tactical number 117. There is another one decal sheet for the aircraft markings containing red stars in six sizes: from very small to ultra small. Overall the kit is quite nicely moulded regarding its age, some details are better than Trumpeter’s, some are worse. Interesting is, that Trumpeter’s kit’s hull is about 2 cm shorter. On the other side, Trumpeter details are totally over-scale and I had to replace lot of them with spare parts from other kits when I was building Kiev. As for accuracy, the real Minsk had reshaped portside platform for AK-630 in early 80-ties, this Aoshima kit has the original shape from late 70-ties.

I’ am looking forward to building this nice kit; maybe I’ll use some PE for the first time.

th_mhull.jpg

th_mhullabove.jpg

th_trumvsaosh.jpg

th_trumvsaosh1.jpg

th_trumvsaosh2.jpg

th_det4.jpg

th_det5.jpg

th_det6.jpg

th_det7.jpg

th_det8.jpg

th_det9.jpg

th_ins1.jpg

th_ins2.jpg

th_ins3.jpg

th_ins4.jpg

th_mdeckfront.jpg

th_mdeckmiddle.jpg

th_mhulldeck.jpg

th_mhullplate.jpg

th_aircraft.jpg

th_decals.jpg

th_det1.jpg

th_det2.jpg

th_det3.jpg

Moge tylko potwierdzic co napisales bo mam Kiev-a z tej firmy. Widzę, że budujesz z zestawu Trumpetera Gorshkova

Yes, one day it will be Baku (Gorshkov), the conversion of hull is almost completed, now comes the new superstructure. Your build-up of Dniestr gave me courage to start this project and helped much to manage the work with Evergreen plastics.