Skocz do zawartości

Polish Fairey Battle T Mk. Trainer model for the Polish Bomber Squadron Centre

Ian

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping that the Polish aviation experts on this forum can help me with a problem please. We are in the final stages of preparing to open up the RAF Ingham Polish Bomber Squadron Centre. The Centre has been undergoing restoration and re-decoration work at Ingham for nearly 12 years now and we can now see the finishing line ahead. 

The Centre will be the only place in the United Kingdom where the Polish Bomber Crews are commemorated, we are working alongside the Polish Embassy and Polish Consulate in Manchester to ensure that the Centre is the best that it can be to celebrate and remember the Polish Airmen and Airwomen who were part of Bomber Command in WWII.

Part of our Exhiition will be various models and dioramas depicting the PAF at work and their aircraft. I have just purchased the MPM 1/72 Fairey Battle T Mk. 1 Trainer. In their  book on 300 MASOVIAN Sqn History,  Chris Ward and Grzegorz Korcz mention that on 22nd August 1940,  300 Sqn flew into RAF Swinderby from RAF Bramcote in 12 Fairey Battles, and Battle Trainer (we have the Hanger doors from RAF Swinderby that the Poish White Eagle was painted on).

I am trying to find out what the Serial Number and Sqn code letter the Trainer wore, or if it wore any codes at all. So far I have only been able to find one picture of a Polish Air Force Battle Trainer in the 100 LAT Polskich Skrzydee Fairey Battle book. It is NZ-Y of 304 Sqn and I believe that Classic Airframes did a model of NZ-X. Both of these aircraft appear to have Trainer Yellow lower halves. Did the 300 Sqn Trainer have a yellow lower half? The closest 300 Sqn serial number I can find is P2309 as the 304 Sqn Trainers seemed to have all started with a "P". In the 300 sqn book a Fairey battle is listed with the serial number P2309 Coded BH-J, could this have been the Battle trainer, I wonder?

Can anyone help us with this information please.

Thanks

Ian

1666602173_RIHGLogo2.thumb.jpg.e13c4c0184a4fb8d57740194977d87b0.jpg