20' EU Container trailer 1:24

truckmodell

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

• Odpowiedzi 86
  • Created
  • Ostatniej odpowiedzi

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

"tomeka6" - On pictures maybe looks different but to me is all ok.

"adamkijak" - I also don't know that this belong to "scratch building" so I can not answer on this theme.

"Diobeu" & "Coppercat" & "mikemc" - This CNC is home-made and it was made by my friend, with mistake 0,02 mm. CNC could make everything you want, all is dependent on precision and mill tools. The small mill tool which I have home is 0,3 mm. How is CNC work? The first condition is drawing 3D, if you don't draw CNC will not do anything. I'm drawing with programme Solidworks.

Picture 1: I choose area on which I will draw "Front Plane"

1_zpsii0myjct.png

Picture 2: I draw form of nut

2_zpsidmxrhpp.png

Picture 3: I define dimension of nut

3_zps093t2jtf.png

Picture 4: to nut I define thickness

4_zpsedmic0oa.png

Picture 5: the nut is concluded

4a_zps0umk627t.png

Picture 6: on nut I choose the new area

4b_zpspx3jobui.png

Picture 7: I draw circle and define largeness

4c_zpswjbiytmn.png

Picture 8: I define cutting

4d_zpsvzhuam7h.png

Picture 9: the nut is ended

4e_zps7ry9zavd.png

Now follow part 2. This what I sketched in programme Solidworks I need to change to ending "dxf" because of programme Artcam and making "g code".

In programme I define which mill tool I will use and also depth of mill tool.

Picture 10: Artcam programme

5_zpsojlsdpbi.png

Picture 11: nut and circle are encircled with red colour; this line means way of mill tool.

5a_zps3uxx98nr.png

Now follow part 3 - CNc where I use programme "Mach3".

Picture 12: on left you see numbers, this is "g code"; on right you see nut, which it need to make out.

5bb_zps2o8i9vdk.png

DSC08872_zpsv4erb6dp.jpg

DSC08867_zpsbbwrrd7j.jpg

Hello again.

Could you write something more about hardware. I believe when you finish your design and preparing the file, you need to upload file to machine to cut the object. I'm just wondering, because technology of 3D printing is going be more and more common (read cheaper). I'm guessing that CNC technology is more useful during building RC models where elements needs to be strong etc. What do you think about this?

Hi

"mikemc" - If you talk about CNC then I don't know which hardware it has got. My friend made it but he didn't tell me what he built in. If you think on hardwere in computer it is not special. The computer

has 3 years, with processor Pentium Dual Core 2.5GHz, HDD 300GB, RAM 4 GB, graphics card is built on base plate. For drawing you need at least Windows 7 64-bit.

If I would keep direction of Solidworks programme then I will need graphics card GeForce with 2Gb memory at least, processor i7 and RAM 8GB.

CNC is not only for RC models but it has used for many things. My CNC is enough strong for aluminium. Everything is dependented on how much money you will prepare to pay for CNC.

David

Hi

"Coppercat" - Do you think that I do this trailer that I will share my knowledge? And then will somebody sell this trailer and so earn the money?

OK - I'm sorry - there was no question. I didn't think about business matters.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...