Skocz do zawartości

Ian's AEW Aircraft Models

Ian

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Witam, for many years I have been interested in Airborne Early Warning aircraft, so much so that over 9 years I wrote a book about them that was published bu Harpia Press in 2014. During my research for the book I built several AEW aircraft, here is a few of them.

IMG_5401.JPG

IMG_5400 (2).JPG

• Like 4

Hello,

I have to write that the collection is impressive.
Can you write something more about the book, you mean "Beyond the Horizon".? I will read this book gladly.
I read "Russia's Warplane" and "Arab MiG's" 1, 4 Harpia publishing house
Very interesting publications.

Hello, it's wonderfull collection. Congratulation.

Can you separate and show your  plane in individual topic ?

Edytowane przez tlb

Hi Guys, yes I would have liked to shown more pictures on this post but I was restricted by the 4.8MB upload limit.

KRL, yes my book was the title "Beyond The Horizon", it traces the "true" history of the development of AEW, not the American version written in AWACS & Hawkeyes, which actually ignores the fact that the British scientists were years ahead of the Americans and that the British invented the cavity magnatron, which is installed in every micro-wave oven nowadays!

The book took 9 years to write and has some photos never before seen in other publications.  The side view colour drawings of the aircraft were drawn by Tom Cooper.  It was originally planned to be two volumes and have a modelling section but sadly Harpia cut it down in size. A lot of the data that is not in the book and many pictures of the models I build for it can be found on my website here - https://aewworld.weebly.com/

I wrote the book with a Brazilian co-author, unfortunately he let me down and never met his deadlines to produce work so Harpia demoted him to an assistant.  It was very hard work over a very long time and the royalties did not even pay for my printer ink cartridges that I used up over the years! I would never do it again but I'm happy that Harpia produced a good quality book that I can be proud of. There is some of the edited out text and information tables on the website that you can read for free if you like.

I have attached some of the pictures here from the Website Gallery for you to look at.

Cheers

Ian

7550476_orig.jpg

809711.jpg

2069393.jpg

4464653.jpg

4819788.jpg

7063614.jpg

9810738.jpg